Monogold Education is a modern web- and cloud based service that supports the daily operation of schools of varying sizes involved in primary and secondary (K-12) education. The integrated environment:
- encourages and supports collaboration, efficiency, and productivity in the school's processes
- simplifies communication within the school, and between the school and the home
- provides students and teachers with a modern tool for learning and teaching
Monogold Education is a modular solution, and your school can use the broad base of available capabilities to build out your environment when you need and are ready. Start by prioritizing key processes where the needs are most urgent, then add functionality as and when needed. And if your school already has an existing legacy school management system, then you may find that you can complement existing systems with additional capabilities from Monogold Education.
Monogold Education functionality for users is provided through a private website/portal, where access is limited to users who have been issued a user account. Monogold Education is an integrated solution, and it can also power the functionality and content of the school’s official public website. It is in this context that public and private websites are used in the detailed feature sections Administration, Communication, and Teaching & Learning that follow.
- Parents submit online application forms which auto-populate applicant/student, parent, and family databases after vetting and validation by staff.
- Schedule, plan, and conduct interviews and admission tests.
- Manage waitlists and notify applicants of admission result.
- Define classes by course, subject, and academic period (eg year, semester, term).
- Manage assignments of teachers and students to classes.
- Manage student attendance by class/teaching group and by day, half-day, or period.
- Take attendance using mobile phone or tablet in classroom (or gym, field, or trip); or batch-record absences/lates using attendance wizard.
- Auto-process attendance by having parents report absences online.
- Display timetables by student, teacher, class, and facility based on output from and/or integration with timetable scheduling systems.
- Prepare consent forms for occasions that require parental and/or student agreement, such as trips, policies (drugs, mobile phones), academic honesty, equipment loans, etc.
- Parents and students give consent by online submission of the consent forms.
- Plan and allocate time slots for parent-teacher and student-led conferences.
- Parents sign-up for conference time slots online.
- Present, discuss, and log actions for student work and progress during conference with supporting information from the system such as student assignments, assessments, and e-portfolio.
- Manage community events in terms of date/times, venue, description/profile, RSVPs, and participation lists.
- Participants sign-up online and receive automated confirmation, notifications, and reminders.
- Document the events through image and video uploads.
- Manage database of co-curricular activities offered by school and external providers.
- Parents/students sign-up online and receive automated confirmation and notifications.
- Manage database of athletes and teams; publish match schedules to calendars, post news, results, and league standings.
- Maintain a centralized database of service providers, educational institutions, government agencies/departments, including their associated contact persons; and maintain notes, documents, and communication relating to such organizations and individuals.
- Define and manage fundraising campaigns; track and process online donations and pledges (including online credit card and PayPal payment integration).
- Employees/HR: Maintain a centralized database of permanent and temporary staff, teacher cover personnel, and volunteers.
- Facility/Equipment Reservations: Teachers/staff can book facilities and equipment; view reservations in calendar-style format.
- Galleries: Document events and activities through photos, video, and audio for viewing on public and/or private websites .
- Re-Enrollments: Parents submit online student re-enrollment forms for each academic year.
- Student-Related Notes: Record medical/nurse appointments, discipline occasions, counseling sessions, and general notes by individual students.
- Online Store: Enable parents, students, and staff to purchase school-branded products, services (eg tutoring), used equipment, etc; purchases processed through online payments.
- E-Billing: Generate invoices for school fees/tuition; automatic distribution through email to parents/families.
- Personal Profiles: Parents and staff manage and update their profiles of personal information, contact information, and listed/unlisted information preferences online via private website/portal.
- Manage content pages on both the school’s official public website and the private community website/portal for parents, students, and staff.
- Publish messages to/via the public website, private website/portal, email, SMS/text, and social media using single process.
- Use auto-derived channels (eg courses, grades, classes), and defined channels (eg Newsletters, Announcements, Staff Notices) for message communication.
- Use pre-defined message templates for branding and styling consistency.
- Attach/embed documents, images, and videos to messages.
- Compose multiple language message versions in single process.
- Target recipients using auto-derived groups (eg All Grade 2 Parents, Students Class 7B, All Math Teachers), defined groups (eg School Leadership, Board of Governors), and individuals.
- Create calendar items in different contextual calendars (eg Whole School, Primary School, Secondary School, Staff, Sports, PTA).
- Auto-populate and display calendar items from defined Events.
- Push calendar items to iCal and other formats for viewing on mobile phones, in Google calendars, etc.
- Collaborative Daily Bulletin: Authorized staff contribute content by posting messages to daily bulletin; system consolidates message contributions and auto-publishes daily bulletin at specified time, eg 7 am.
- Campus TV: Manage content and display of information on LCDs/monitors on school’s premises (eg news, today’s events, birthdays, pictures).
- Blogs, Forums, and Polls: Publish journals/blogs (eg by individual teachers, headmaster, etc); run and facilitate community forums; conduct online community polls and surveys.
- Parent Association: Members of the parent/parent-teacher association use a dedicated online space on the private website/portal to communicate with and to provide information and resources for the parent community.
Teaching & Learning
- Upload and manage curriculum content databases for different curricula (eg national and local standards, US Common Core, IB PYP/MYP/DP, etc).
- Use curriculum content in unit planning and assessments.
- Analyze through graphs and reports how and to which extent the curriculum content is covered in units of study by subjects, year/grade levels, classes, teachers, and students.
- Manage centralized library of learning resources with comprehensive tagging and reflection features to facilitate collaboration and re-use in units of study and lesson planning.
- Teachers manage online spaces for each class accessible by students and parents, including sections for:
- Class profile/course outline
- Class/student photos
- Student/parent contact information
- Units of study associated with class
- Assessments and tests
- Assignments and homework
- Teachers plan units (or areas/themes) of study in the interactive planner:
- Select contextual and conceptual content from curriculum database
- Select or compose objectives and outcomes for student assessment; visualize and publish in summative assessment rubric
- Map unit content against curriculum database
- Plan lessons in terms of content and learning experiences
- Set assignments for students
- Conduct formative assessments during unit; and summative assessment at the end of the unit
- Reflect on teaching prior to, during, and after unit
- Teachers assign tasks and homework with due dates to classes/groups or individual students.
- Students submit completed assignments by posting, uploading, or linking to (eg Google Docs) content.
- Teachers can grade/assess and comment on completed assignment for each student.
- Teachers/leadership can view assignments by year/grade, subject, class in consolidated calendar display to monitor student workload.
Assessments & Grades
- Design content and layout of forms for formative and summative assessment of students for use on different occasions (eg class/unit grade books, subject/class tests, semester reports, end of year reports, and national/standardized tests).
- Use curriculum-defined outcomes and objectives for assessment.
- Teachers complete assessments using defined assessment forms.
- Students complete self-assessments and reflections.
- Publish completed assessments (grade reports) for viewing by parents and students online on private website/portal.
- Automatically notify parents and students when grade reports are available for viewing.
Student Learning Spaces
- Students access and work through their individual learning space that have sections for the student's:
- Units/themes of study
- Assignments and homework
- Self-assessments and reflections
- Report cards
- Students select and reflect on key pieces of work in multi-media format from different subjects and years/grades.
- Students can export/download e-portfolio for use in school and for job applications.